Wednesday 26 September 2012

Three Card Draw: Strength Two of Pentacles and The Ace of Cups


I try to read the tarot cards daily as I find this helps deepen my understanding of the many layers of meaning a single card can have.Today, I drew 3 cards with no positional meanings:
Strength
Two of Pentacles
Ace of Cups
The first thing I was drawn to on the Strength card was the lions teeth.  I have been suffering with a particularly nasty dental abscess since the weekend which I began treating with home remedies.  After wrestling with the pain for over two days,  I have finally  given in and resorted to antibiotics.  The Strength card often comes up to indicate good health and strong immunity so I am taking this card as a good omen in terms of the healing process.
The Two of Pentacles I see as a potential blockage or gentle warning.  The image on this card is bringing to mind the phrase "burning the candle at both ends". Unfortunately, I am guilty of this as I never seem to have enough hours in the day! However, I need to remind myself that habits like this result in lowered resistance to infection and also the general neglect of my overall health and wellbeing.  I also feel this card reflects my need to make the decision to go to the dentist, which I put off for as long as possible!
The Ace of Cups ends the reading on a positive note and emphasises the theme of healing.  There is the sense of new beginnings and renewal.  I can't believe how ill the toothache has made me feel.  So I am hoping once the antibiotics work their magic together with a few early nights I should feel like a new woman!
Lastly, I decided to add up the numerical value of the reading to find the quintessential card, which can sometimes add further insight :
(Strength) 8 + ( two of pentacles) 2 +(Ace of Cups) 1 = 11
The number 11 relates to the Justice card.  I see this card as highlighting karma or in other words; what you get is what you deserve.  I can't say I am surprised to see this as I have neglected my dental health for ages!  If I had gone to the dentist for regular check ups or at least when I became aware the tooth in question wasn't quite right, it would have saved me going through the excruciating pain of the last few days!  Certainly a lesson to be learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment