Monday 29 October 2012

One Card Tarot Reading: Love and Relationships

I am a regular reader of  Love Dove Tarot by Lisa Frideborg Lloyd.  In the following post (http://lovedovetarot.com/2012/10/16/less-is-more-a-one-card-tarot-reading/ ) she highlights a one card reading as both a simple and powerful way to increase self-awareness.  This technique is particularly useful for anybody experiencing difficulties within personal relationships.   As I have had my own fair share of  relationship ups and downs over the years, I thought it would be interesting to see what would come up.  Whilst shuffling the deck, I concentrated on the question:


"What is my main block to love right now?"

The 3 of Cups

Keywords and Phrases:
Celebration
Happiness
Friendship




My first thoughts on seeing the 3 of Cups is that this card is not one I usually associate with obstacles.  The image shows 3 young women who appear to be having a good time.  The sun is shining, the drinks are flowing and the atmosphere is light-hearted and relaxed.  Not exactly a true reflection of my current relationship!  So the question is, in terms of barriers, what is the 3 of Cups trying to tell me?

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is the obvious lack of the 3 of Cups type of energy within my relationship! I can't remember the last time we went out for a drink or simply spent time enjoying each other's company!  Most of the conversations we seem to have these days tend to fall into either one of the following categories:  arguments and serious discussions.
Perhaps this card is telling me to lighten up a little and relax.  As a natural born worrier, I am prone to overlook the value of the present moment because my mind is galloping off into the future.  After all, I believe there is a well known saying which states - "Life is what happens whilst we are busy making plans".

No comments:

Post a Comment